21 Mar 2013
What have we done within BIOPLAT in 2012?
For all of you who wonder what does a Technology Platform work in, we are going to show you today all the activities that have been made within BIOPLAT during 2012 to accomplish our goals.
The specific objectives of BIOPLAT are:
- To provide a framework within which all sectors involved in the development of biomass work together in a coordinated way to ensure that the commercial settlement of biomass in Spain enjoys a continuous growth, in a competitive and sustainable way.
- To analyze the current situation of biomass in Spain in all its aspects and to identify needs in R&D.
- To recommend research funding in areas with high relevance to biomass, covering the whole economic value chain, raising awareness and mobilizing public authorities, both at nationally, regionally and locally level.
- To propose strategies and sustainable alternatives, in particular type of technology, to boost biomass development and the elimination of existing barriers to enable its implementation.
- To promote coordination between different involved sectors (entities, Technology Centres, universities, etc.).
- To spread biomass possibilities and in particular the results and recommendations of the Platform.
We have had a national and international presence in our endeavour to promote biomass as a valuable energy option for Spain. You can check out in this link where we have directed our efforts to in this past year 2012 , there you will find a very visual and schematic report with actions carried out by BIOPLAT.
We will continue fighting for biomass in 2013. Are you in?