13 Mar 2013
The financiation of the innovation of the companies in 2010 + Bibliometric indicators of the Spanish scientific activity in 2010
The Spanish Observatory of R&D&I of the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) has recently published in its web ICONO two new reports. Below is a summary of their most important conclusions.
“PITEC 2010: The financiation of the innovation of the companies”
- In the recesive phase (2008-2010), the companies with R&D expenditure have had less job destruction than the economy as a whole.
- The global volume of foreign funds acceded by Spanish companies in 2010 has significantly increased.
- Whatever the origin of funds (private or public), the growth in the access to the financiation continues in 2010 for SME, while it is interrupted in large companies.
- For the first time, companies give more importance to a lack of funding as an obstacle to finance innovation.
To see PITEC reports of different years, enter here (in Spanish).
“Bibliometric Indicators of the Spanish Scientific Activity 2010”
- Spain holds the 10th position in the world ranking of scientific production.
- Veterinary, Energy, Chemical Engineering and Engineering are the areas with more visibility of its publications.
- In number of references received in publications, Spain goes from the 11th position in 2003 to the 9th in 2010.
To see bibliometric indicator of different years, enter here.